Jacee Chalise

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whats Up!

Well not much more news with Caitlin just yet. Tomorrow I am heading back down to Primary Children's for a checkup and surgery on Friday to put in the port for the chemotherapy. Wow, this chemo stuff is pretty overwhelming and we haven't even started treatment yet. They gave me a binder full of information, which I read and high lightened the important parts which was pretty much the whole book. I think that I have been driving Jake nuts but I know that I am the one who has to watch out for the side effects, so I want to be informed. I know he wants to help too, but because of our different personalities we just deal with this kind of stuff differently. Today I took the girls to get their flu shots, which was an adventure since Allie hates getting shots, she won't hold still. So the nurse and I had to hold her down, and for a five year old she is pretty tough. Well I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and I try to keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Erin, Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you... my prayers are with you... and I am amazed at your strength. Hang in there, they Lord is with you!

Unknown said...

I think you are doing amazing Erin! You have had such strength through this whole ordeal. And yes, we all deal with things differently. I think all this overwhelms Jake too, and he doesn't know how to deal with it except to think that things will be okay. I know he does the best he can. He works hard for his family and I know how much he loves you. We are all here to support you and lend you strength. Remember, you don't have to do this alone. I believe that one huge important lesson we all need to learn from this is how to draw closer to our Savior. I know I have. I couldn't deal with this without Him. You need to rely on His strength and let Him take on some of your burden. If we all do our part, He will do His. Believe in miracles. Have faith!

Chris McCrabb said...

Jake and Erin
I just wanted to tell you I think you two are doing an awesome job!
Life is tuff enough normally and I this is the pitts!
I know the Lord only gives you what you can handle but do NOT forget you have Friends as well as Family to help you along the way.
Big sister Allie
I know you wont know how much you will help mom and dad with all that is going on but you will! Just be sweet and helpful and remember they Love You So Much
and they need you to be strong too!
And to Caitlin
Stay Strong little one!!!
We are all praying for you!!!
Erin,Jake JUST ASK!!!
Love you only Happy Thoughts for you and yours
Chris,Mark, Matt, Brit, and Katie
McCrabb