Jacee Chalise

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Caitlin Update!

Well more news on Caitlin, on Thursday we had an eye appointment at Primary Children's. Which went pretty good. They just wanted to have her eyes checked before she starts the chemotherapy, sometimes the chemo side effects affect the vision. I am sure I will be use to it by the time this is all over but I wish that we didn't have to wait so long in the doctor's office. Our appointment was at 9:30 and we didn't leave the clinic until 12:30. The doctor said that because of her tumor she is crossing her eyes, the nerves seem to have stretch, to correct it she will need to wear an eye patch for an hour each day, and switch eyes every other day. Which we hopefully work or she will need eye muscle surgery.
On Friday she had surgery for a lumbar puncture and to put in her central line for chemotherapy. We were supposed to be at the hospital at 9:15 but since traffic was so bad (we pasted two wrecks) we didn't get there until 9:25, but lucky for us they still did the surgery. Later I wondered why I rushed and yelled and screamed at cars to go faster since they didn't end up starting her surgery until 2:00pm. Anyway everything went well, and we actually got to bring her home that night. An at home nurse came this morning to teach me how to clean and take care of the line. Its not really hard but still nerve wrecking I am not really trained to this stuff. I am sure by the end of this journey, I will be a pro. We should know the results of the lumbar puncture about the middle of next week, and know when chemo will be starting. Please keep Caitlin in your prayers, unfortunately this rough road is only beginning. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We couldn't do this without our families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys, and so glad that Caitlyn is doing so well. She is so cute.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a ride huh? I'm so glad you guys were able to come to the dinner yesterday. Caitlin is such a little trooper. Hang in there Erin. You are doing a great job! This time next year we will be celebrating her complete recovery! I have no doubt!