Jacee Chalise

Friday, November 7, 2008

Caitlin Update!

Yesterday we traveled back down to Primary Children's for a checkup to make sure that she was healing good and to remove her stitches. The doctors said that she looked really good and that she was healing well so they took out her stitches and then had us go get a ct scan to make sure everything looked okay on the inside. Caitlin did so well, but then she knows the drill since this was her third ct scan. The scan looked good so the doctors said we were free to go, but right before we walked out the door the doctor took one last look and noticed that her wound was leaking spinal fluid, so we turned around back in the exam room. They figured that restitching it would fix the problem. So I gave her some pain reliever and the doctor numbed up the area and she stitched it back up with dissolve able stitches this time. I hate watching them put in the stitches or anything with needles. So I held Caitlin's arms and my Dad helped to hold her head still. She did a really good job, but she is a tough little girl, so we had a hard time holding her still. But everything went well. Next Thursday we have another checkup and then surgery to put in the port for the chemotherapy meds. Also I keep forgetting but I want to thank all our friends and family for all their support, prayers, and love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Caitlin is a tough little girl! She's a Welch! LOL! I also believe that angels surround her through all of this and she is comforted and given strength. If only all of us could be like little children and be that close to the veil and so full of faith. I have no doubt that she will pull through this just fine. We love you guys!

Matt, Emily & Dylan said...

Erin, I hope you don't mind I added your blog to mine.. I keep your little family in my prayers! Where is Debbie these days? I honestly don't think I have seen her in YEARS!!