Jacee Chalise

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!

Well this weekend was pretty exciting. On Saturday we went with my family out to Glendale, to play in the water and go boating. By boating I mean little blow-up boats that you have to row. The girls loved playing in the water I don't really care for it, there are too many gross things in the lake. We had a picnic lunch there and then sat around and enjoyed the last of the sunny days. Kyle the baby of my family got upset because Kenny got him wet, but if you ask me he deserved it. Those two love to get on each other nerves. After that we went back to my parent's house to clean up and then we set up the net for a badminton game, which was tons of fun. Jake hit Kyle in the chest with a birdie than Kyle hit the ground it was so funny I almost peed my pants. My mom and dad even played and they were pretty good. We had Navajo tacos for dinner, they were so yummy. I am craving one right now. Then we roasted marshmallows outside in their new fire pit.
On Sunday we went to Jake's parents for Amber's surprise birthday party. We had hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. Allie loves playing with her cousin Kenidee, so that was nice. They play so good together that we really don't have to worry about them. We just hang around the house and talked. We were going to hang out more outside but there was a big thunder storm. Of course we get crappy weather on Labor day weekend.
Today we are just relaxing around the house and catching up on household chores. But that better than what we were doing last year. We returned from camping with my parents to find that it was raining in our apartment. The hose to the swamp cooler had broke, so water and drywall was everywhere, lucky the only thing we lost was our couch. But it wasn't much fun throwing our stuff out the windows in trash bags. I have never moved out of an apartment so fast. Oh well, so is life. At least things are going better now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great weekend! I enjoyed it too. I wish we all had more time together. We love you guys so much!