Jacee Chalise

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Three years and going strong

Today is Jake and my three year wedding anniversary. Wow time does fly some days! I remember we were both really nervous on our wedding day, since we both hate been up in front of lots of people. But it turned out pretty well, I think. Allie was upset since we had got her a flower headband to wear on her head, which she didn't want she wanted my bouquet. We decided not to have a reception because of the expense of weddings and that my parents had already paid for my first wedding. So after the ceremony and the picture taking we went and ate dinner at the Bluebird restaurant in Logan, it was so good. So all in all the day turned out pretty good, a lot better than my first marriage, since during the ceremony my ex-husband said his brother was his best friend instead of me. I should of saved me the heart ache and just let him marry his brother. Oh well!!! We are hoping that in the future we will have better luck in celebrating our anniversary. Last year we were planning on going to a hotel, enjoy a break from the girls and relax in a jetted tub. Unfortunately Caitlin was diagnosed with a brain tumor on the Thursday before, so instead we spent out anniversary and my birthday at Primary Children's Pediatric ICU. This year money has been really tight with only Jake's income and a few extra expenses to care for Caitlin, so we decided next year we will save up our money and go do something really fun for our anniversary.
I know that it sounds silly, but I really do believe that Jake and I are soul-mates. It has been three years and we still can find things to talk about, we still call each other on lunch breaks. We really never fight, we might get upset with each other but usually that is because one of us is really tired or being too OCD. We always enjoy spend time together, we love to snuggle on the couch and watch our favorite shows and movies. We love to play games together, and we love to spoil our girls. Jake is a great man and father, he always put his kids before himself. He has worked hard this year to make sure that our family has been provided for. He is always willing to help out, and give me back rubs and foot rubs. He is the greatest husband in the world and I would be lost without him. Happy Anniversary, Jake! I love you now, always, and forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute... congrats... always remember, there has to be bad/trials to have good... and you never face things you can't overcome... life will be all the more sweeter for finding your way in the darkness. Love ya

Sharee said...

Okay so you made me tear up! Oh my gosh...I love you guys so much. I am so happy for you and so glad you and allie a part of our family!

Unknown said...

That also brought tears to my eyes. Such a great post. I think you two are soulmates also. You are so cute together. I am so thankful Jake married you. You are a great wife and friend to him. You are so patient and loving to him. And I agree that he is a great dad and husband. He loves you and the girls so much. What a lovely post. Very sweet and endearing. It's been a tough year and you deserve to celebrate. Let us come and babysit so you two can have a night out together. Love you guys!