Jacee Chalise

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Too Long!

Wow, I will try to catch up on everything. Life has just been crazy, with Caitlin's treatments and the move. Well I went down to Primary Children's on the 29th, thankfully we were only there for about an hour. So that was nice, and the weather was pretty good for that trip. We have also been trying to move into a bigger apartment, since Caitlin diagnosis we have put her in our room so we could keep a better eye on her, but that didn't leave much time for Jake and I to have any alone time. So we found a three bedroom townhouse, that has brand new carpet and a new dishwasher. So thanks to my family we were able to get everything moved on the 1st. I just love our new place they is so much room, now I have space to spare. Oh before I forget Jake and I are kind of party poopers we were so tired and really didn't have anything to do so we didn't stay up and ring it the new year. On the 2nd of January I had to make another trip down to Primary Children's since Caitlin needed a blood transfusion and platelets cause her counts were so low. I had to rush down there, and they it took forever for the blood to be ready. I didn't leave Primarys until 9 pm. Of course it was snowing so I didn't really want to try to make it home, so Caitlin and I spent the night at the Chase suites that is just down the hill from Primarys. Then next day I started my trip home early I was not going to spend another day away from home. Unfortunately I also had to make another trip to Primarys on Monday, but this time they were pretty good to get us in and out quickly. But not quick enough we got stuck in Layton for about two hours, waiting for a bad accident to get cleaned up. I feel bad for who ever was involved in the accident, but I just really wanted to get home. We finally made it home at around 5:15 pm. Right now I am hoping that Caitlin will stay well enough that we won't have to go back until next week. So keep her in your prayers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's amazing the turn your lives have taken since October 23, 2008. I am impressed and proud of you for the strength, faith, and courage you have shown in all of this. You've done an amazing job Erin of taking care of Caitlin and putting your shoulder to the grindstone to do what you have to do. We are never prepared for these kind of challenges and its at times like this that we have to come to put our faith in our Heavenly Father and rely on Him for strength. Some day you will see how much it has helped you grow and learn and that maybe through your experiences you will be of help to someone else. You are a great example to me. Jake did a good job when he fell in love with you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a crazy week of driving all over, and inconveniences, but you are strong enough to endure this, and it too shall pass...

Ash said...

Oh Erin! I'm so sorry! My heart breaks everytime I hear about the hard things you guys are having to deal with. You're an awesome person and seeing the way you've gotten through things, especially with such a positive attitude is amazing! You're a good example to the rest of us. What townhouses did you move to? We have some not too far from us!