Jacee Chalise

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nothing really new to report

Nothing new to report on really, but thanks for my mother in law last Saturday Jake and I were able to go on another much needed date. Usually we don't go on dates very often, but since Caitlin has been diagnosis with cancer, we don't let her leave the house very much. Also in January Jake's job requires lots of overtime, so that limits our time together too. On Tuesday Caitlin and I drove down to Primarys pretty early since her counts were down and she needed a blood transfusion, it always seems to take forever for the blood to be ready. Anyway everything went smoothly, and she is doing pretty good for a little body that is going through so much. Everyday I wish I could trade her places, at least she is really young. So she probably won't remember much. I sure hope that we get through this quickly, I am not really use to being a stay at home Mom, I am kind of getting a little stir crazy. Thanks for all your support and help through all of this.

4 comments:

Taderbugs said...

I love to read Irene's blog and then go over to yours and see your way cute girls. I admire you. Being a stay at home mom is tough, but your little one needs you a lot right now. That will be so wonderful when she is done. That chemo sounds like nasty stuff.
Mindy

Michelle W. Nate said...

You sound like you are doing a great job with everything that is thrown at you. I am so happy to hear that she is responding well to treatments. What a fighter.

Unknown said...

Any time you need me Erin, all you have to do is call (or text). I love watching your girls and I know how important it is that you and Jake have alone time. You especially need a break from all you have to deal with. You can't do this alone and we are all here to help you. I too will be so glad when Caitlin is all done with this. It's really hard not being able to have you guys around for family get togethers. Once again I want you to know how much I admire your strength and how you have just jumped right in to do whatever it is you needed to do. This has been a tough roller coaster ride. Caitlin is a strong little girl and she has angels watching over her...as you do. Thanks for loving our son and for blessing us with such darling granddaughters. We love you!

Unknown said...

I sometimes wonder, quite often, why we are dealt the cards we are given. A lot times it just doesn't seem fair. But we need to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not unto our own understanding and if we acknowledge Him in all we do, He will direct our paths. We are giving trails and challenges to help us grow and to help us become closer to our Savior. We have these trials to help us learn faith, patience, love, and forgiveness. We aren't given trials as a punishment, but to help us learn. We shouldn't ask why me but ask "what do you want me to do? Heavenly Father loves you so much and he knows all that you are going through. You are a divine daughter of God Erin, of royal birth. You are beautiful, smart, talented, and a great mom and wife. Help bring your family together in prayer and reading scriptures. Go back to the basics of the gospel. There you will find peace, comfort, and happiness. We love you!