Jacee Chalise

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Getting closer to the end!

Sorry it has been so long since I updated but we are kind of really boring people. We use to hardly stay home, but since Caitlin can't really go out any where there is germs, and our income has decreased a bit, we have turned into homebodies. Which someday I really love, and others I feel stir crazy stuck in the house. Anyway on Thursday we headed down to Primary Children's for the next round of maintenance chemotherapy. We are almost done as long as things continue to go well, I think we only have six more months left. Yeah!!! The hospital trip went pretty well, except that we were trying to get out of there quickly on Friday, since Allie had a Birthday party to get to at 4 pm. Of course, when you are in a hurry nothing seems to work out right. We didn't leave the hospital until noon, but we did make it home in time to clean up and head to the party. The party was a Princess party, and Ariel showed up. Allie had a lot of fun! On Friday night, my mom and I went to go see the Time Travelers Wife, it was really good. I liked it a lot more than the book. On Saturday, Jake and I went shopping for clothes for Caitlin, since colder weather will soon be here. At four we went to the Hancey family reunion, which was fun and the food was good. So today was a nice lazy day, well kind of. Caitlin figured she could wake up at 6:30 am, thanks to Jake who got up with her, and let me sleep in. But I did let him go back to sleep when I got up. So that was our week in a nutshell! Caitlin and I will be heading down to Primarys again on Thursday for a quick clinic appointment for more chemo. We are hoping that these last few treatments go by fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe that we're coming up to the year mark when Caitlin was first diagnosed. I too will be so excited when she is done with her treatments and can be a normal two year old and have this all over with. She is such a strong little girl and has such a good attitude. Hang in there Erin. You are doing such a great job. You have demonstrated such strength and courage through all of this and it's amazing to me how much you have learned. You could be a nurse after all of this! We love you and we are here for anything you need!