Jacee Chalise

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Update on our little angel!

Well since my last post, here's what we have been up to. Caitlin had another chemo appointment on Monday, which was a little long. Sometimes I just don't understand it, there are nurses who have four patients to take care of, and then they are two nurses walking around doing nothing. Who knew nursing would be a field where you could get away with doing nothing. Apparently there are some lazy people in every profession. Anyway enough complaining, on Friday Caitlin and I headed back down to Primary for a blood transfusion. When we arrived she had a little fever but I thought it was cause she had her jacket and blanket on her in the car. Anyway her temperature didn't go down, but she didn't seem to be sick other than that. So they gave her an antibiotic and drew a blood culture before we went home. But at 3:00 in the morning on Saturday, a doctor called me and said that the blood culture came back positive, and to bring Caitlin down that day, so they could start her on antibiotics. So that's where we spent our weekend. They found out that Caitlin had a Gram positive staph infection. Also poor Caitlin gets the red man face which is a side effect of this VancoMycin antibiotic she is on. Thankfully with Tylenol and Benadryl she doesn't get it anymore. Thankfully we were able to come home on Tuesday with antibiotics and hopefully we won't have to go back for the fourth of July weekend. I wish I had a genie so that I could wish for just a normal day at least every once in a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my poor sweet little angel girl! And poor YOU! I know that this is all so hard. But I want you to know Erin that you are doing such a great job with Caitlin. I so much admire your strength and your faith and your courage. I see so much growth in you. This has been such a hard challenge and trial, but you have stepped up to the plate and done what needs to be done. You are amazing. I am so thankful that you married our son. He is a very lucky man and we are blessed to have you in our family. You have blessed us with two beautiful granddaughters. Hang in there! I know that our Heavenly Father has blessed you in all of this and He will continued to bless you. We love you guys!