Jacee Chalise

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Not Much Going on

Well sorry it has been so long since I have updated, but unfortunately and thankfully not much is going on right now. Unfortunately because I am usually pretty bored. Thankfully because Caitlin is doing so well, that we have a nice break from Primary Children's. She has another hearing test and MRI scan on the 26Th of this month, and then maintenance chemotherapy after that, if the scans look good. I don't know if being a stay at home Mom is a right fit for me, I love my girls but sometimes they are also a bit much and I think I have watched enough Hannah Montana and Suite life of Zack and Cody to last me a lifetime. I also miss my friends from work. Maybe if I had a bun in the oven, then at least I would feel more productive. No that is not a confession, more wishful thinking! I just feel like after cleaning the house, and taking care of the girls, I have nothing to do. I know I need to find a hobby. I just feel bad when Jake leaves for work everyday, I wish I could help take some of the financial load off his shoulders. I am so proud of him, instead of coming home when he is offered no works, he stays and works hard to earn money for our family, which we definitely need. Also I am pretty sure Jake would freak out if we would have another girl, (he is the only boy in his family) truthfully I don't know if I could handle another drama queen either. Another reason I am still being a stay at home Mom, is that we were approved for Medicaid which is a blessing come true, unless you have been through this, you have no idea how expensive going through chemotherapy and radiation is. Our insurance is pretty good, but it does not cover everything. Anyway I am not quite sure if any of this makes sense. I have kind of had a lot on my mind lately, just trying to decide what our plans are for the future.

2 comments:

chelsea said...

Erin I don't work Thursdays or Fridays if you want to do something... or if you just want to talk I believe you have my number. I don't think I would be a great stay at home mom either...working less than 20 hours a week works well for me. My e-mail is 22luvroses22(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

It was fun to read your update. And yes, sometimes it's hard to stay at home ALL THE TIME! But it has been a blessing that you could be home with Caitlin during all of this. And yes, a hobby would be great. What do you like to do? Or want to do? It's always good to have a break. If I can help, let me know. And a reply to the comment you made on my blog....you do indeed make beautiful babies!