Jacee Chalise

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Week 4 and 5

Sorry is has been so long since I last wrote an update, but there hasn't really been a lot of extra time for me when I was near a computer. Radiation has been going pretty good, Caitlin is such a trooper. Good news though, Monday is the last day of radiation treatments and then we have a month break before we restart chemotherapy. Yeah, no more long trips down to Salt Lake, my wallet and my car are almost excited as I am. Caitlin's hair is also starting to grow back, I know its weird but I am hoping that it grows back the same color as Jake's hair. More exciting news, Caitlin is starting to stand up by herself. She started doing it on the bed, which was different, since you would need more balance to stand up on the bed, but maybe she feels safer since when she does fall down she has a softer landing. We are very excited about this, hopefully soon she will be running around. I know I am crazy, what parent wants her child to be able to run, but with everything she has gone through I would gladly welcome that challenge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great milestone and obstacle to finally get through. In the beginning of this it seemed like it was never ending. Now we can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Caitlin is so beautiful and we are so excited for her to be walking. It won't be long and then we won't be able to keep up with her! Miracles and blessing!

Sharee said...

I want to comment real quick that I LOVE YOUR PLAYLIST! Fun stuff!
I also love you guys and its great to see you when we get the chance.
LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going well, and that she gets a break... well ALL of you... such wonderful news. How awesome that God knows what we can handle and how challenges make us stronger... and that you can weather the storm..