Jacee Chalise

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The never ending effects of Chemo!

Caitlin has been such a trooper, unfortunately when she had her blood counts done on Monday, the results weren't very good. Her ANC count was zero which means she is confined to our house and Primary Children's. Also her HGT was at 23, which are her red blood cells, 23 is low so we made a trip down to Primary Children's yesterday for a blood transfusion and for more chemo. She is always so good for the nurses and doctors. She is such an angel, she always knows how to bring a smile to my face when I feel so horrible about what she is going through. The clinic down at Primary Children's is really nice, they have comfortable chairs, movies, and game systems for kids to play while they are down there. We watched Cinderella and Care Bears while we waited for the blood to transfuse. Unfortunately we are now experiencing another side effect of the chemo, Caitlin hair is starting to fall out. I was trying to brush it out a little bit this morning and big chunks of hair fell out. So I stop brushing before I burst into tears since Caitlin has such beautiful hair.

2 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

I remember watching my Mom loose her hair. She has beautiful white hair that has been so soft and pretty. It was hard to watch her get up from her chair and leave a lot behind on the head rest. It has to be very difficult to watch your little girl do this. I think that got everyone through the chemo was just staying extremely positive. She eventually just buzzed it all off. She actually loved it off. We got her some really cute hats to where out. Since it is winter if she needs to go out just get her some really cute beanies and pin some fun flowers or something to them. I hope the counts come up soon. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Great thing about hair is that it grows back! I love her hair too. Caitlin is a little trooper and she will get through this. What is hair anyway? We'll get her some cute little hats. You're doing awesome Erin. And just so you know, it's okay to cry! I cry all the time! We love you!